Growth and development are quick in children and you can observe these easily by merely looking at the feet as they grow more rapidly than any other body part. You can notice the difference even every month. Foot problems like bones and muscle deformities are common in children from birth.
Even though there is no deformity by birth, it may arise while playing or doing any other activity. A pre-existing health issue may also affect foot growth. You can treat mild pain with simple home remedies. Proper rest may recover your child to continue resuming daily activities without discomfort or pain.
If your child is experiencing immense pain and difficulty with standing or walking for any reason, you must consult a foot doctor. These issues hinder and slow down the growth and development of your child. Children are sensitive to pain and discomfort on their still-growing plates and bones like grownups. Consulting an experienced podiatrist for customized treatment without undergoing surgery is a good idea.
Dr. Sima Soltani is a well-known pediatric podiatrist orange county, CA, who can examine your child’s foot problem and provide treatment options for fast recovery. She provides customized services for clients that need special treatments. Also, she offers free education campaigns and group visits for Irvine children suffering from Warts, corn, Calluses, Knocks, Knees, and other foot problems.
Signs to Visit a Podiatrist
You can consider certain things to confirm whether your child’s foot is good and growing well. If you find any of the following signs, immediate medical attention is required. They are as follows:
Foot anomalies like curly and extra toes and flat and club feet in children after birth need treatment.
They are painless and correctable before your child is ready to walk.
· Club Foot
- ü Shapeless foot.
- ü Undeveloped calf muscles.
- ü Shorter foot or leg than the other
· Flat Feet
- ü Abnormal development of arches in the feet.
- ü Entire foot is touching the ground.
- ü Abnormal foot alignment.
- ü May cause ankle and foot problems with chronic pain.
If your child frequently complains about pain, discomfort, tenderness, or soreness in their legs, ankles, or feet. You can consider this an immediate sign to consult a children’s foot doctor and prevent it from getting worse.
If you have noticed difficulties in how your child walks, stands, or runs, and other issues such as warts, ingrown toenails, open wounds, nail discoloration, gait, and foot fungus.
· Ingrown toenails
- ü Growing toenail into the skin.
- ü Causes redness, swelling, and pain.
- ü Sometimes, it may cause infection to the underlying bone.
- Gait problems for keeping more weight on any of the legs while walking.
- Active and sporty kids are more prone to foot problems such as breaks, bruising, sprains, and other related pains.
- Past foot injuries and reoccurring genetic foot issues wherein your child cannot manage the pain are potential signs to see a podiatrist.
Pediatric foot doctor Dr. Sima Soltani offers custom orthotics for kids’ feet for relief from intense pain. She implements the best and most advanced technology to recover children from the inevitable foot problems.