A bedroom is your personal sanctuary where you like to get away and relax after a long day’s work. For obvious reasons you want to decorate this place in such a way that it stays cozy, functional and yet it exudes style. Here are some tips to keep in mind when you undertake the renovation project of your bedroom.
- Settle for subtle colors: We all have the urge to make our bedroom look bright and vibrant and in that bid, we color our walls with dark tones. While jewel-tone hues can make your living room look rich and luxurious, they don’t work well in the bedrooms. Experts suggest keeping the wall colors muted and choosing subtle colors of white, lilac, butter yellow, or even sky blue that matches the wooden bed. A restful palette will add an element of calmness and serenity to your room and help you unwind. This also allows you to play around with the décor to add contrasting color combinations.
- Pay attention to the ceiling: Often referred to as the fifth wall, the ceiling by far is the most ignored aspect of a bedroom. Is it a blank, bland space staring back at you when you lie down on the bed and lookup? There is so much you can do with the ceiling, you can add a beautiful mural, or even have stencil painting done to illuminate it. If you are skeptical of this, then you can just color the ceiling a shade lighter than the rest of the wall.
- Choose the right size of furniture: If you are ready to buy bedroom furniture, don’t just get carried away with what you see on the display. First, check the floor plan of your room, and decide if a queen-size or a king size bed fits in it, and then accordingly look for the designs. The size of the furniture should complement the room, rather than cluttering the room. Remember that apart from the bed, there are going to be other essential pieces of furniture that you may have to add, like a chest of drawers, bedside table to name a few, so if you get a large bed that occupies most of the room it will break the look of the room.
- Pamper yourself with luxurious linens: The moment you slip between the sheets, soft, luxurious, and sensual linen will take away all your stress and tensions and help you sleep like a baby. Investing only into bed sheets that are made from 100% cotton and send them to dry cleaning services for a professional ironing to achieve a five-star hotel crisp, clean, smooth feel.
- Include different lighting options: Bedrooms should always have a layering of light. Apart from ambient light to keep your room well lit, also add a few soft glowing lamps when you just want to keep the lights dimmed while resting. Instill flexible sconces because they can help you to create focus areas effortlessly.
- Cool Down or Heat Up with Air Con: To ensure you are getting the best night’s rest, especially during the summer or in the depths of winter, your bedroom should have a right-sized aircon installation. From residential to commercial air conditioning, a split system is a better option for separate rooms, whilst a reverse cycle ducted air conditioner is a superior option for whole-property heating and cooling.
Discipline is very important in your bedroom, try to stay away from gadgets so that you can keep this space exclusively to revitalize your energy so that you are ready to take on the life challenges the next day.