Looking for new lights for your home? In Australia, your options are infinite.
With pendant lights Australia, you can transform your home into a modern-looking wonder. These lights have a sculpture like structure that provides a calming presence. They are ideal for adding a personal touch to any architectural environment.
But to find the best lights for your rooms, you need to consider the shape, size, and lighting.
Read on to learn how you can find the perfect pendant lights for your home.
The different types of pendant lights
There are various kinds of pendant lights available on the market. Each is perfectly suited for a different vibe.
When you choose the right type of pendant light, you let your personality shine through it. Each kind adds something unique to the look and feel of your home, from shiny copper to industrial brass.
The different kinds include:
- Multi-arm pendant lights: These look like chandeliers and are ideal for installing over large tables.
- Linear pendant lights: These are long and thin lights that are perfect for open kitchens and halls.
- Shades pendant lights: These have an exposed glass shade or bulb. They are best suited for areas where you want to achieve a dramatic lighting effect.
Where pendant lights can be hung
The placement of lighting is essential to get the best effect. You want the space well-lit and look like a home with contemporary architecture. Additionally, you also wish to be sure no one hits their head on the hanging pendant.
Hence, ensure that you have a minimum 2.1-meter clearance overhead.
Consider the following while deciding on a spot as well:
- If you are looking for bedroom installation, ensure that the ceiling is at least 7 feet above the ground. Else, it might become a safety hazard after you bring the bed in.
- For bathrooms, raise the ground clearance to 8 feet to prevent any accidents.
- Use smaller pendant lights where the ground clearance does not seem to be enough.
What the size of your table should be
Multi-arm and linear pendant lights are best suited for over the table fixtures. You can try different styles for different tables.
Possible options include:
- Using round canopies helps elevate the effects of a multi-light pendant
- Ensure that the light has a length and width that is at least 1 foot shorter than the sides of the table
- A clearance of 26 to 28 inches between the light and the tabletop
The most important thing to consider is the ground clearance when installing pendant lights. They can become a safety hazard for your home otherwise.
The right size and design
With so many types of pendant lights, it can be an overwhelming number of choices. The things you should consider are:
- How easy is it to clean the lights?
- Is the size of the lights matching the room?
- Are you able to reach them with a cloth or vacuum cleaner?
Pendant lights do require some maintenance. So, be sure to choose the right size and style for convenience.
The lighting in your home matters a lot. Pendant lights Australia are reasonably priced stylish lighting that gives your home a modern and elegant look. They are ideal for making your home more comfortable.