You were injured in a truck accident in Connecticut. As per the statute of limitations in the state, you have two years to file a civil lawsuit against the parties at fault. However, if you don’t swiftly swing into action after the accident, you will miss out on crucial details. The trucking company will try and get rid of the evidence as soon as possible. Instead of trying to understand the legal process, consider engaging a proficient truck accident lawyer for your case. In this post, you can learn more about the five things an attorney will do for you.
- Thoroughly investigate your case: Trucks are enormous in size, which means that a minor accident can have disastrous outcomes. Victims often have no clue about the cause of the mishap. Your lawyer is responsible for thoroughly investigating your case to determine what the claim is worth. Truck accident investigations often require gathering information, including maintenance and driver work logs. Without a lawyer, you may have a hard time finding these details.
- Pursue all legal options: A truck accident may involve more at-fault parties than a common car accident. You need an attorney because other parties, such as the loading company, the trucking service, and the equipment manufacturers, could be at fault. Your lawyer will consider all aspects and legal options to ensure you get a fair outcome.
- Work with experts: Lawyers often have to work with medical personnel and accident specialists to determine what a claim is worth. They will also check how your injuries are likely to impact your life ahead and the best compensation you can expect for the given situation. Legal options include filing a civil lawsuit, but you will usually have to deal with an insurance claim first.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: You need an attorney to deal with insurance companies. Lawyers are seasoned and capable of aggressive negotiation, and no matter what tactics the claims adjusters try to use, your attorney will protect your rights. At a time when you need to heal, it is best to trust an expert to deal with the claim.
- Take the case to court: Your lawyer will also consider filing a lawsuit, primarily if the insurance company doesn’t entertain the claim or the settlement figure is unusually low. They will work on the trial and represent you before the jury.
Talk to an attorney for a free consultation for your truck accident claim.